Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Great Salt Lake






Earlier this year, I made Brendan take me to the Great Salt Lake because it would be kind of silly if I lived in Salt Lake and never went to the source of its namesake, right?  So we went to Antelope Island and took these pics.  It was really pretty but realllly cold.  We did see some actual antelope though!  It was kind of crazy seeing them prance around Northern Utah when I've only seen them on the Discovery Channel in Africa.  It was awesome.

The only downside of this lake?  High salt content.  So high that only things like brine shrimp can survive.  Which means that when the wind blows, and I work in downtown Salt Lake, it makes my hair smell like shrimp and salt (and not the good kind of beachy salt) for the rest of the day.   Mmm, I'm sure gonna miss that.  Sike!

No comments:

Post a Comment