Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Date Night

This weekend was wonderful! Brendan took me out to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square for dinner before taking me to the Utah Symphony! Even better was they were playing Beethoven's 7th- which is one of my most favorite symphonies!! It was so amazing. Going to the Utah Symphony was also important to me because my great-grandfather (Papa) conducted the Utah Symphony his whole career and my mother was taught by him and played in it as well. It was so fun being somewhere where I knew my heritage existed! My family is still very musical, aside from myself, and I love how much music has influenced my life as well as my family's. Here are some of the pictures from the night:





1. Sculpture at the symphony hall 2. Bubba at the symphony 3. Little old me




Brendan and I were both curious about what the conductor was actually doing- seeing as neither of us are musically talented and had never before needed one. Here is an interesting video we found of my favorite movement of the symphony that shows all the different parts of the orchestra and how aware the conductor needs to be of each one. (Beware, this is a long clip, but totally worth it). It is really impressive. Respect, Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment