Saturday, November 19, 2011

Apple- Orange Cranberry Dessert Squares






Ok, so these squares are amazing. I first got this recipe a long time ago from Williams-Sonoma when they were making it in the store and I fell in love and bought two jars of their relish on the spot! I was so excited... until I lost the recipe. I tried in earnest to try to find the recipe again to no avail. I had an extra bottle of relish I had no use for, so I just stored it in hopes of finding the recipe again. Which I did! I just happenstanced on WS making a variation of these squares and I couldn't believe my luck, apparently one of the workers had kept her copy from years back ! Bless her, she must be a kindred spirit of mine. Anyway, I'm posting this so I will never lose this again as well as to spread the good word. So try it! :)

First, you will need the New England Apple-Orange Cranberry Relish from Williams-Sonoma. The jars are a little pricey at $10.50 but it's totally worth it and they almost always go on sale for $4.99.




Apple- Orange Cranberry Dessert Squares


1 box of yellow cake mix

1 Jar Williams-Sonoma Apple-Orange Cranberry Relish

3 Eggs

1 T. Flour

1/4 cup of sugar

3/4 cup of butter

3 T. milk

1 t. cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix and set aside.

Mix remaining cake mix with 1/2 cup of melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture lightly into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

Mix 1 jar of Williams-Sonoma Apple-Orange Cranberry Relish with 2 large eggs and 3 tablespoons of milk and pour over cake mixture in pan.

Mix to a crumble the 1 cup reserved cake mix with 1 tablespoon of flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of soft butter, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon- crumble over the top of the cranberry layer.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Cool & serve.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. I lost my copy of it that was given to me by a worker at William Sonoma. I love this dessert as well as my co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I need to grease the bottom of the pan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ansa!

      Nope! No need to grease the pan since there is so much butter in the crust. :)

      Delete